- April 14, 2022
- Posted by: IGBAJI UGABI
- Category: Academic Writing Guide
Free plagiarism checker – 5 Best TurnItIn alternatives and plagiarism checkers with 4 bonus online plagiarism checking tools
Most free plagiarism checkers are not really free. Most free online plagiarism checker with percentage are limited to a few words or pages. The issue of plagiarism is very serious in academic writing. This is because some researchers are often in the habit of copying the work of other researchers without referencing the original owner of the idea.
This act is considered academic theft. Hence, it is very important that researchers as well as students while writing their academic essays especially long essays, journal papers, seminar papers, graduation thesis among others, should ensure that all borrowed ideas were adequately paraphrased nor quoted with quotation marks while acknowledging the original owners of the idea.
This is very important for researchers who are concerned with producing plagiarism-free work. In order to ascertain the similarity rate of your work, a plagiarism test becomes very vital. As the result of the test enables you to ascertain the level of similarity between your work and other published scholarly works both on the local and global scene.
Subjecting your thesis or other academic writings to plagiarism tests on the go tends to profit the researcher in many ways.
Imagine an instance where each chapter of your work is tested on the go, this means that any similarity detected would be immediately corrected thereby saving the researcher from potential embarrassment and delay. You can use our Turnitin Checking service Now to perform a similarity/plagiarism check on your paper.
Have you ever been in a situation where after completing your thesis, and during your thesis presentation, one of the owners of the ideas you “copied” was among the panel of judges? I need not tell you what the result would be.
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is the use of others’ work, material and knowledge without duly acknowledging or crediting the source. Plagiarism is a highly detestable behaviour in the literary and digital communities; a practice that all respectable persons and corporations aim to avoid. To help you give credit where it’s due, we’ve compiled a list of free tools for detecting plagiarism in this post.
A Plagiarism Checker is an internet tool that checks for plagiarized or duplicate content in a document or a section of it. These programs scan the web for duplicates of your content or documents. Many of these free plagiarism checker tools allow you to check the URL of a website or to add text from documents.
How to Avoid Plagiarism: The simple way you can avoid plagiarism is by paraphrasing
5 Best TurnItIn alternatives and plagiarism checking tool for students, teachers and SEO experts/professionals
Here are a few free online plagiarism detectors you can use to find plagiarized material in your article or research paper:
Grammarly is a free plagiarism checker and a well-known program for detecting mistakes in grammar and plagiarism. This program is capable of detecting plagiarized content on a wide range of websites. It aids you in determining whether or not your text has any duplicate information. Despite the fact that Grammarly isn’t completely free, you may still utilize the limited-featured free edition to check your writing for plagiarism.
Grammarly free plagiarism checker has the following characteristics:
- Contents can be searched in batches using Grammarly.
- Grammarly detects plagiarism by looking for content that matches something in the database or on the internet.
- Plagiarism detection is made easier with this tool, which compares your content against more than eight billion web resources.
- Many different writing styles, grammar, vocabulary and syntax ideas are provided.
- Grammarly’s quick report shows you how many instances of content duplication there are.
- The instrument calculates your document’s overall originality score.
- This anti-plagiarism program safeguards your original work from being plagiarized.
Quetext is a free plagiarism checker that uses word placement and clever algorithms to detect duplicate content. This plagiarism checker finds content from news sources, websites, citation generators, online textbooks, and more. This software is great for quickly spotting colour-coded matches. Visit quetext.com
Quetext has the following characteristics:
- Quetext gives an elaborate plagiarism score.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- Plagiarism can be checked with a single click of the mouse.
- Secures private data.
Check-plagiarism is one of the best free tools available online. It has a simple user interface and design, which allows easy navigation. It is quite easy to use and is very accurate. It can check up to 2,000 words for free. Premium users can check up to 25,000 words at once. It is one of the best plagiarism checkers available and it doesn’t require registration either.
It has the following features:
- Allows uploading of files for checking
- Your privacy is guaranteed. Your files are not saved and reports are deleted instantly.
- It supports formats of .doc, .docx, .txt and .pdf.
- Plagiarized content is colour-coded so you can easily detect it.
- A graphic shows the percentages of unique and duplicate content”.
Recommended: Differences between Plagiarism and Similarity
4. Plagiarism checker X
Plagiarism checker X is a free online plagiarism checker with a percentage and simple to use yet highly accurate plagiarism scanner. It is one of the greatest free research paper plagiarism checkers since it compares large amounts of text quickly and easily.
The plagiarism checker X has the following characteristics:
- It uses multiple search engines to detect plagiarized texts.
- Side by side comparison of content is allowed through the application.
- The plagiarism checker protects your private information
- Documents of different formats such as DOC, PDF DOCX can be imported into the application.
- Plagiarism checker X has multiple language options apart from English. These include Spanish, French, and more.
- Plagiarized phrases are colour-coded.
CopyScape is a free plagiarism checker cloud-based application that lets you search for plagiarism and identify other types of content theft. It can be simply used by keying in the URL of the original content. It also allows you to indefinitely search for copies of web pages. This is one of the reasons it is considered as one of the best free plagiarism detectors.
Copyspace has the following characteristics:
- Allow for contents to be searched in batches.
- It allows for a side-by-side comparison of two contents.
- It has a private index that detects duplicates in your work.
- Allows case management or tracking facility.
- It allows for filtering of results from sites you are familiar with.
- It is very user-friendly and supports offline indexing of contents.
4 bonus online plagiarism checker tools
Copyleaks is a free plagiarism checker and one of the best free online plagiarism detectors that give users access to over one hundred languages.
Copyleak plagiarism checker has the following characteristics:
- It gives comprehensive reports.
- It gives an automatic grading mechanism.
- It is compatible with other document forms such as google docs and MS word.
- It allows for content protection.
- It allows for the comparison of two files.
- It can double-check documents against private database systems and internet sources.
Plagscan is a free plagiarism checker and one of the most effective plagiarism detectors, allowing you to determine the percentage of matched text in a paper. This tool makes analyzing reports in PDF or Word documents simple. It is one of the greatest plagiarism detection programs available, and it allows you to cooperate with peers.
Plagscan has the following characteristics:
- Internal and web sources matched in a document can be highlighted by this application.
- It can be used offline.
- It allows for sharing of plagiarism reports with other people.
- Documents can be copied and pasted or uploaded in Plagscan.
- It allows for side-by-side comparison and matching of documents.
- Plagscan allows you to delete or share documents.
Unicheck is a free plagiarism checker that helps you establish authenticity by highlighting similarities. Multiple file formats are supported, and bulk uploads are possible with this program. In order to check for plagiarism, it generates a thorough report. Unicheck performs searches on online pages, institutional library files, and educational database sources.
Unicheck has the following characteristics:
- Search settings can be customized Offers.
- It allows for Realtime calculation of score.
- Provides notification about suspicious content.
- Unicheck offers privacy through text encryption.
- Allows for bulk data processing system.
- Provides personalized dashboard.
- Plagiarism can be checked in google docs.
- Google Chrome extensions can be used to search duplicated content.
4. SmallSEOTools free-plagiarism-checker
SmallSEOTools is a plagiarism detector for any type of text. You can upload.doc,.pdf,.txt,.docx, and other files to this plagiarism detector for free. This software can look for duplicate text on a large number of websites. SmallSEOTools makes it simple to omit a single URL.
SmallSEOTools have the following characteristics:
- SmallSEOTools support Google drive and dropbox
- The URL of websites can be integrated into it.
- It allows for the easy download of plagiarism reports.
- It also allows for the sharing of plagiarism reports.
- Supports multiple languages like French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and more.
- It allows for easy comparison of the result
Related questions and answers:
Is there a plagiarism checker for free?
Answer: Yes, there are online plagiarism checker free for full document. These plagiarism checking tools are good for students, teachers and SEO professionals in their writing.
What is the best plagiarism checker free?
Answer: We recommend Grammarly plagiarism checker
Can I use Turnitin for free?
Answer: Yes, you can if you have been granted access to your school Turnitin account.
How do you check if you are plagiarizing?
Answer: Sometimes it is good to check your work if someone else have stolen your content. To do this, you will need our Turnitin checking service. It will cost you just $2 (#1,000) per check.
Are free plagiarism checkers efficient enough?
Answer: Yes, they are. We have used Grammarly and Quetext and they are very good. You can try them today.
Are Premium Plagiarism Checkers Worth The Money?
Answer: Yes, they are worth the money. If you can spare it, then give it a try.
You can use the comment box to let us know your experience using any of the tools mentioned above. Please note that these 5 Best TurnItIn alternatives and plagiarism checkers with 4 bonus online plagiarism checking tools were not arranged in any order of preference.