- November 23, 2014
- Posted by:
- Category: Writers King Resources
ABORTION, EFFECT AND SOLUTION
The word abortion comes from the Latin word “Abortio” or Abortus which means “miscarriage”, premature and untimely birth”. But in medicine, abortion means ending a pregnancy prematurely.
An abortion can be spontaneously as a result of complications during a pregnancy or it can be induced to preserve the health of the mother but any abortion carried out for any other reason is called elective aborts’
The Concept of Abortion
An abortion is the removal or expulsion of an embrayo or foetus from the uterus. It may be induced spontaneous or electively done.
TYPES OF ABORTION
- Spontaneous abortion: Occurs when the large percentage of the product of the union on an egg or a sperm does not get implanted in the uterus and it therefore expects it. It occurs around the time the woman should menstruate or later but there must be a larger than usual flow of blood. It is commonly called a miscarriage but technically. It is a spontaneous abortion which can be the body’s way of preventing the birth of a defected child which may also result due to material health problem.
- Induced abortion: This term refers to abortions that are thought to be necessary because of rape, incest or to protect the health of the mother when the birth of a child might be life threatening or may be physically or psychologically damaging to her.
- Elective or voluntary abortion: This is the termination of the embrayo at the woman’s request for reasons other than material risk incest rape and such abortions often result from social problems such as teenage pregnancy non-mantal births and economic difficulties such as insufficient income to support a child, inappropriate toxing or failed contraceptive useage.
METHODS OF ABORTING
- Usage abortion: It is the termination of pregnancy by persons lacking the necessary skills or in an environment lacking the normal medical standards or both. According to W.H.O world wide, 48% of all induced abortions are unsafe and responsible of one in eight material deaths. This incomplete abortion, infection, heavy bleeding, injury to the internal organs such as punctining and tearing of the uterus resulting in permanent loss of ability to conceive (barreness).
- Medical abortion: Medical abortion is non-surgical abortion that uses pharmaceutical drugs and this is an option for women who are 8 weeks pregnant or less. Success rate decrease as the pregnancy advances, it takes hours to occur and the pains are from mild to strong and simple pain killers can be used. Heavy bleeding, headache, fatique vomiting, diarrhea and heavy stomach pains is very common and you can still have children afterwards.
- Surgical abortion: There are two surgical methods of abortion which is suction aspiration and dilation and evacuation (DGE).
Pregnancy less than 6 weeks may increase the chance of failed abortion; this type of abortion is usually done between 4-6 months approximately. You can stay for 3-4 hours in the clinic but it take 3-5 minutes to be done and the pains is from mild to strong stomach pains and you can still bear children provided it is been done by an expert.
When am abortion is performed on a woman, she becomes subject to many physical complications.
*Blood loss during the procedure cause diversion of blood flow to various organs and can result in shock. *When the canal of the cervix is dilated, the inside of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and the abdominal cavity are exposed to invasion by bacteria.
*Abdominal infection can cause peritonitis and abscess formation severe hemorrhage often follows an abortion. Instrument can perforate the uterus causing injury, infection and bleeding to internal organs.
*Deaths from abortions, although refer are usually from heavy bleeding from complications with anesthesia.
*Women who have abortions increase their risk of breast cancer by fifty percent (50%), according to a new study in the journal of the national cancer institute. Abortion of a first pregnancy interrupts the natural growth process of the breast leaving millions of cell at a high risk.
*It has been found that future pregnancy failure is increase by forty- five percent (45%) with just one previous abortion. Other complications are a greater risk of premature births, tubal pregnancy, sterility and damage to the cervix. As a result of abortion women suffer many physical injuries.
Not only do these women bear physical side effects but they also suffer many emotional side effects. Among these are
(1) depression (2) long term, (3) grief reactions(4) anger (5) sexual (6) dysfunctions (7) guite (8) flashbacks (9)memory respression (10) suicidal ideas (11)difficulty keeping close relationships.
*In a new study by post- abortion researcher David Reardon who operates the Elliot institute for social sciences research in spring field, Illinois, it was found that twenty- eight percent (28%) of women who had abortion later attempted suicide and over half of these women did so more than once.
* Drug and alcohol abuse increased your times among woman who aborted compared to those who carried to term ninety eight percent (98%) of women regretted having had an abortion seventy two percent (72%) of women said their abortion did not improve their life. Twenty percent (20%) of post abortive nervous breakdown and ten percent (10%) were hospitalized for psychiatric care of the two hundred and sixty (260) women surveyed over sixty percent (60%) side their abortion made their life worse.
(1) Both men and women including boys and girls should repent and have the fear of God.
(2) Government should enact laws that will prohibit abortion in the society.
(3) Anybody that is caught or engages in abortion act should be sentence to life imprisonment or should be made to pay a fine of five hundred million naira (#500, 000000).
(4) Parents should intensify the role of advising their children (girls) rather than driving them away when their get unwanted pregnancy.
(5) Orientation should be given to the youth through the ministry of health experts to know the dangers of premarital sex in order to avoid sex.
In conclusion, abortion hurts woman spiritually because it is not simply a process or evacuating the contents of a uterus, but the ended of a human life. God states in the sixth (6) commandments thus shall not murder. Each baby is created by God and is part of his plan as stated in psalms 137:13-14, you made all the delicate inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother’s womb you saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe human life does not begin when the baby breaths or when its heart begins to beat but its life is continuous and inherited.
Life is passed from family to family and recorded in the bible back to the first human beings created by God, Adam and Eve. Professor Garret Hardin Dept of biological science, university of california, santa Barbara, stated life ends often, but it never begins. It is just passed from one cell to another. All biologists are in agreement with the —-when a women interrupts God’s plan of life through abortion she may suffer spiritual void and separation from God.
– Copyright sexual and reproductive health matters- SRHmatters. Org 2014.
– Dr. (Mrs) Eburoluwn .O. Odunwole (2012) Person hood and Abortion: An African perspective pg 97.
– Copyright © 2014 operation rescue, Inc. Web service by optimusmedia.com.